Welcome back again, Ben! You've got a new project to tell us all about – for those who haven't heard of you before, tell us who you are, and what your business is all about.
BEN BERNSTEIN / VIEWBIX: As your readers are aware or learning, having a video on your website is becoming a must for every business owner. However, once they see the video, what is the next step? What is the point of working so hard to get people to see your video if they aren’t taking action? This is especially true on Facebook where people would have to exit Facebook to go to your site. In short, what is the point of all your viewers, if they aren’t taking any action?
ViewBix answers this question by allowing you to embed clickable apps and calls to action directly into your video. These apps allow you to take action directly within the video player without being redirected to another site. Viewbix also creates a customized player that surrounds your video with your colors, branding and logo. Viewbix is also fully compatible in Facebook, Twitter, Blogs as well as Iphones, Ipads and Androids
Tell us more – specifically, tell us about your video-integrated apps! There is quite a list, but give us a quick overview of what you’ve got!
VIEWBIX: Our most popular app by far is our email apps (we have integrated with Mailchimp, MadMimi, Constant Contact, Aweber and Get Response). This app allows you to get people to sign up for your mailing list or as a contact directly from the video.
Our other popular apps are:
- A Google Maps app that lets you show the location of your store/event, etc. within the player
- A Twitter or RSS Feed app which shows your feed in the player
- A Youtube Channel app which lets you load other videos from your channel in the player
- A coupon app which lets you download or print a coupon for use
- A call on Skype app which lets you call a Skype number
…all directly through a view player!
A full list of our apps can be seen at: www.viewbix.com/apps
Give us a few examples of how apps integrate with video well.
VIEWBIX: This video shows some examples of what Viewbix can do for your site. It also is a Viewbix player itself so you can see how it works for yourself:
What is it about video that opens the door for buyers to purchase?
VIEWBIX: While the online world has made shopping much easier, people need to feel that what they are doing or seeing is “real”.
Video is a much better way to convey to your clients that someone stands behind your product or alternatively that your product is the “real deal”.
What are reasons that becoming a Viewbix affiliate offers a good return?
VIEWBIX: We've got some reasons that I'm proud of:
- High Commissions (35%-40%)
- 90 day cookie durations
- We have a full time affiliate manager to help you out
- Custom Banners and Creative Material
How does having your apps ‘right there’ work so much better than many other profit-making models for video?
VIEWBIX: It shortens the funnel. Instead of having people searching for the next step, the call to action is right in front of them. Our data shows that 20% of people interact with the player which is a very high percentage in terms of conversion analytics.
How is the Viewbix solution better than having pre-roll ads, or on-video ads as a way to create revenue?
VIEWBIX: All these ads have no clickablity, you cannot take any action with them. You can only see the ad and hope the viewer remembers it. Our platform turns people who are passive into action takers.
What are the top tips you have for a company looking to have video produced for online consumption?
VIEWBIX: Here are some key tips that will help the ReelMarketer audience:
- Keep it short. Preferably under 90 seconds. People have short attention spans.
- Start Out With a Bang. Again, people have short attention spans so if you don’t get to the point within the 1st 10 seconds you will lose your audience.
- Don’t do it yourself. Unless you really know what you are doing, a video that isn’t high quality gives off the impression that your product isn’t high quality.
- Make Sure there are Calls to Action. While I obviously recommend Viewbix, without some sort of call to action you are literally throwing away potential leads and customers.
- Be Social. Make Sure You invest time sharing it on social networks. A great video without any viewers isn’t all that valuable.
Where is online video advertising going from here?
VIEWBIX: I think that you are going to see a lot more subtlety in advertising. In the past, you could get away with blaring out your message because TV viewers were stuck more or less listening to your commercials. Now, people can click away when something feels too corporate. Something like branding colors or a gentle logo will be a lot more important in advertising than they were 10 or 15 years ago.
Glad to have ViewBix on to be a part of this ReelMarketer series! What is the best way for someone to get started with your company to see if your services are a fit?
VIEWBIX: Thanks for having me back again on your Video Marketing Magazine, glad to be an ongoing contributor to this series. The best way to contact me personally is to email me at email@example.com or if you have a general question you can contact our support at firstname.lastname@example.org